The gentle power of the water-jet
The innovative principle of the water-jet assisted method is based on using the gentle power of the water-jet in an intelligent manner.
The innovations of water-jet technology
- The low mechanical force effect during liposuction, due to a moderate suction and the selective power of the water-jet, allows for a much easier handling of the cannula. In turn making it more comfortable for both the surgeon and the patient.
- The precise and tissue-sparing detachment of fat cells from the tissue structure minimizes the patient’s pain, swelling, reduces the risk of a hematoma and shortens the convalescent period.
- Simultaneous irrigation and aspiration, coupled with the smaller volume of tumescent fluid used (approx. 70% less tumescent fluid used for pre infiltration) reduces the stress on the tissue.
- The use of a centrifuge, or other fat processing procedures, are not necessary which results in time-saving and a better vitality of the fat cells.
- The smooth and passive mixture of the fat collected in the container improves the consistency of the fat removed from different body areas (e.g. from abdomen and thighs).
- Easy and direct extraction of the untreated fat cells from the container
Our cannulas enhance the innovative use of the water-jet. They represent one component of the sterile and closed liposuction and fat harvesting system designed in our research and development department.
Our cannulas allow gentle detaching of the fat cells from the tissue whilst simultaneously aspirating them. This saves time and protects the aspirated fat cells. Furthermore, the pressure of the fine, fan-shaped water-jet can be adjusted to the different connective tissue structures. As a result, the surrounding subcutaneous adipose tissue, as well as nerves and blood vessels, remain much less traumatised.
Besides the advantage of a particularly sparing and almost pain-free liposuction, much more vital adipose tissue can be harvested using the water jet-assisted method. The higher the quality and the more vital the harvested adipose tissue is, the greater the chances that the injected fat cells adhere after autologous fat transfer.
Likewise, we significantly improved the collection and processing of the body’s own fat for autologous fat transfer. The harvested fat is gently separated from the remaining fluid in our LipoCollector® or FillerCollector® and can be immediately used for fat transfer.